ASIAN AMATEUR CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2017
Open & Woman
23 - 30 November 2017 Chiang Mai, Thailand
1. Participation1.1 The Asian Amateur Championships 2017 is open to all Asian amateur players who should not have a FIDE rating above 2100 at the start of the tournament.
1.2 Players should not have a FIDE title higher than FIDE Master(i.e. WIM, WGM, IM and GM).
1.3 All participants must have a FIDE ID to participate in this tournament.
2. Financial Regulations2.1 Entry Free: The Entry Fee is 30 USD. After the deadline of 1st November 2017, the surcharge of 60 USD shall be applicable for late entries.
2.2 RegiststrationFee:The registration fee includes the cost for airport transfers, accreditation cards, certificates, etc. All players and accompanying persons must pay fee : 50 USD
2.3 The travelling costs of all participants must be paid by themselves or by their national federations.
2.4 The deadline of registration is 1st November 2017. However, organizers reserve the right to refuse registration.
All payment must be made to the full by 1 st November 2017 as per the following detail :
Beneficiary Bank : CIMB THAI
Bank Address : Ekkamai Power Center Branch 78/2 Soi Sukhumvit 63 Prakanong Nua Wattana Bangkok 10110
Beneficiary Name : SAHAPOL NAKVANICH (BANGAPI CHESS CLUB)
Bank Account Number : 70-0980188-9
SWIFT CODE : UBOBTHBK
3. Playing Venue & Official Hotel3.1 The playing venue shall be at Lotus Pang Suan Kaew Hotel, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
3.2 Official hotel will be 4 Star Hotel.
3.3 Two (2) players per country, one male and one female players, are entitled to free board and lodging for 7 night starting from 23th to 30th November 2017 at official hotel. Arrangement of rooms is on first register first serve basis.
3.4 All other players and all accompanying persons should pay the cost for board and lodging (with breakfast, lunch & dinner) per person per night as given below.
|Hotel||Room Type||Room Rate|
|Lotus Pang Suan Kaew 4 Star||Single Room||120 USD|
|Lotus Pang Suan Kaew 4 Star||Double Room||70 USD|
|Lotus Pang Suan Kaew 4 Star||Triple Room||60 USD|
|Hotel||Room Type||Room Rate|
|3 Star||Single Room||100 USD|
|3 Star||Double Room||50 USD|
3.6 Booking of official hotel for the event should be done only through the organizers.
4. Tournament Format4.1 The Fide Laws of Chess shall apply.
4.2 The tournament will be played according to the Swiss system of 9 rounds.
4.3 Timecontrol : Each player shall have 90 minutes with the addition of 30 seconds per move starting from the first move.
4.4 Default time is 30 minutes.
4.5 The final ranking order of the players is determined by the number of points scored. If at the end of the tournament two or more players are tied for ranking or any prize, tie shall be broken as in accordance to the following:
a. Direct encounter
b. Buchholz Cut 1
c. Buchholz Cut 2
d. The greater numbers of wins
e. Sum of Buchholz
6. Prizes6.1 Finishing first equal up to 3 players or Silver & Bronze Medal (after tiebreak) winners shall be awarded the CM/WCM title.
6.2 Certificates and cash prize will be awarded to top players in each category as given below.
|Best Under 2000||150|
|Best Under 1900||150|
|Best Under 1800||150|
|Best Under 1700||150|
|Best Under 2000||100|
|Best Under 1900||100|
|Best Under 1800||100|
|Best Under 1700||100|
7. Appeals Committee7.1 The Appeals Committee shall comprise 3 Persons. In the event that Appeals Committee is appointed by the Technical Meeting, there should be an additional 2 reserve members and in this case, no member shall take part in a decision affecting a player of his own federation.
7.2 A protest against the decision of an Arbiter must be submitted in writing to the Chief Arbiter, within 15 minutes after the end of the playing session.
7.3 A protest fee of 20 USD shall be paid to the organizer which is refundable if the protest is upheld. The Appeals Committee may also decide to refund the fee if it considers that the appeal was not frivolous.
7.4 The decision of the Appeals Committee is final, binding and takes effect immediately.
8. Visa Arrangements8.1 All players and accompanying person who require a visa to enter Thailand must send a copy of passport(page with photo and key information) to organizer before the deadline of 1st November 2017 after which the organizer shall not be responsible.